What is Manna bread? Bread rained down from heaven.
Exodus 16:4, 14-15 (King James Version) 4. Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you;... 14. And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground. 15. And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat.
White Manna Bread
What does manna look like? Manna bread is white and looks like coriander seed.
Exodus 16:31 (King James Version)
31. And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.
Why did God provide Manna Bread and Quail?
The Israelites had recently finished celebrating the Red sea miracle and had arrived in the wilderness of Sin. They started complaining that they were brought there to die of hunger, and wished they had died in Egypt where they were slaves. So God provided quail and manna in the wilderness so they would know he is their God.
Exodus 16:8 (King James Version)
8. And Moses said, This shall be, when the LORD shall give you in the evening flesh to eat, and in the morning bread to the full; for that the LORD heareth your murmurings which ye murmur against him: and what are we? your murmurings are not against us, but against the LORD.
12. I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread; and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God.
13. And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host.
They were to collect only enough manna bread for one day.
Exodus 16:4, 16-20 (King James Version)
4. Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day,....
16. This is the thing which the LORD hath commanded, Gather of it every man according to his eating, an omer for every man, according to the number of your persons; take ye every man for them which are in his tents.
17. And the children of Israel did so, and gathered, some more, some less.
18. And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating.
19. And Moses said, Let no man leave of it till the morning.
20. Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them.
Daily Manna Bread - Well for 6 days of the week.
Exodus 16:4-5, 21-30 (King James Version)
4. Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.
5. And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily.
21. And they gathered it every morning, every man according to his eating: and when the sun waxed hot, it melted.
Exodus 16:22-30 used for Daily Bible Verses 357
22. And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses.
23. And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.
24. And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein.
25. And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day ye shall not find it in the field.
26. Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none.
27. And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none.
28. And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?
29. See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.
30. So the people rested on the seventh day.
While the Israelites wandered forty years in the wilderness God provided manna bread from heaven to feed them; it was also a test to prove that they would obey his laws and keep the Sabbath holy, which is the 4th commandment.
Our Manna Bread
How are you doing on your test? Are you murmuring and complaining? Are you disobeying God? We must trust God at all times, and seek to do His will. He promises to bless and keep us. Not always from the trial, but sometimes through the trial, like the 3 hebrew boys.
If you appreciate this page please like it, thanks.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Use this search box to find it.
Luke 17:3-4 (KJV)
3. Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
4. And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.