We should read Encouraging Bible Verses to give us hope.
Romans 15:4(KJV) states -
"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."
And the bible is full of bible verses that encourage us and give us hope.
I think the best ones let us know our sins are forgiven, and that we do not have to pay the penalty for our own sins.
Sometimes when we are in need we find that there is no human being that can help us. They don't know how to give us a word or quote a scripture that will inspire us.
What could be more inspiring than to know that when you cry out for help someone hears and will answer, and that someone is God.
At funerals Pastors preach about what happens to loved ones after death, to encourage the family and friends.
1 Thessalonians 4:16 & 17 are two of several verses I have often heard used at funerals.
Sometimes in life we feel we can't go on, and we become discouraged. The Bible provides hope for the depressed. In order to overcome these feelings we should read verses on strength and about hope, and not depend on family and friends to cheer us.
When we read Bible verses that encourage us, and we are blessed by them, it makes us able to comfort others.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (King James Version)
3. Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
4. Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
A Song For Encouragement
If you appreciate this page please like it, thanks.
James 1:12-16 (KJV)
12. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
13. Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14. But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16. Do not err, my beloved brethren.
by Dennis Smith
To prepare us
Watch and Pray