We should read Encouraging Bible Verses to give us hope.
Romans 15:4(KJV) states -
"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."
And the bible is full of bible verses for encouragement that can give us hope.
I think the best ones let us know
our sins are forgiven, and that we do not have to pay the penalty for our own sins.
Sometimes when we are in need we find that there is no human being that can help us. They don't know how to give us a word or quote a scripture that will inspire us.
What could be more inspiring than to know that when you cry out for help someone hears and will answer, and that someone is God.
At funerals Pastors preach from bible verses about what happens to loved ones after death, to encourage the family and friends.
1 Thessalonians 4:16 & 17 are two of several verses I have often heard used at funerals.
Sometimes in life we feel we can't go on, and we become discouraged. The bible provides hope for the depressed.In order to overcome these feelings we should read verses on strength and about hope, and not depend on family and friends to cheer us.
When we read bible verses that encourage us, and are blessed by them, it makes us able to comfort others.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (King James Version)
3. Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
4. Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
A Song For Encouragement
Mark 10:46-47, 51-52 (KJV)
46. And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging.
47. And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.
51. And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight.
52. And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.
These 2 books
by Dennis Smith
To prepare us
Watch and Pray