Wedding Bible Verses
Bible Verses Used In Weddings
What God Has Joined Together
In the bible there are a list of wedding bible verses that deal with having a relationship with God. In bible illustrations the church is the bride and Jesus is the bride groom.
Then there are
wedding bible verses about marriage,
between a man and a woman, that deal with what should or should not be done when they marry.
Planning to get married? Following are bible verses used in weddings that you may find helpful.
After the first couple, Adam and Eve, were united by God the follwing was said -
Genesis 2:24 (King James Version)
24. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
These wedding bible verses are repeated in the New Testament when the Pharisees were testing Jesus in regards to divorce -
Matthew 19:3-6 (King James Version)
3. The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4. And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5. And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6. Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Read similar wedding bible verses from Mark 10:6-9 (King James Version)
6. But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
7. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
8. And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
9. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Planning a Bridal shower? Need games?
Read the version found in Ephesians 5:31 (King James Version)
31. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
The fact that these wedding bible verses are repeated four times in the bible indicates the need to follow the counsel.
The following bible verses provide another reason for getting married other than it is not good to be alone -
1 Corinthians 7:1-2, 8-9 (King James Version)
1. Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
2. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
8. I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I.
9. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.
Click the link to buy Christian Printable Bridal Shower Games.
Click here to read about Love Bible Verses.
Click here to read what the bible has to say about adultery...
Click here for help planning a cheap DIY wedding ...
Click here to contact me with a question, comment, or suggestion.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Then use this search box to find it.
Bible Verses About Marriage |
Adultery Bible Verses