The exodus tabernacle in the wilderness was made following the
architectural design given to Moses by God. Moses tabernacle was
God's dwelling place on earth, God's sanctuary.
Exodus 25:8-9 (King James Version)
Acts 7:44 (King James Version)
44. Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen.
The purpose of the earthly tabernacle or sanctuary was to demonstrate the plan of salvation -
Psalm 77:13 (KJV)
13. Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?
The design for the tabernacle was given to Moses the same time he received the ten commandments.
Exodus 24:12, 15, 17, 18 (King James Version)
12. And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.
15. And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount.
17. And the sight of the glory of the LORD was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel.
18. And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.
(King James Version)
1. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2. Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering.
3. And this is the offering which ye shall take of them; gold, and silver, and brass,
4. And blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen, and goats' hair,
5. And rams' skins dyed red, and badgers' skins, and shittim wood,
6. Oil for the light, spices for anointing oil, and for sweet incense,
7. Onyx stones, and stones to be set in the ephod, and in the breastplate
The exodus tabernacle
In the courtyard , was the brazen altar of sacrifice, and the brazen laver.
In the Holy part of the sanctuary was the golden candlestick, the table of shewbread , and the altar of incense.
In the the Most Holy section of the exodus tabernacle was the ark of the covenant and the mercy seat were God resided.
Once Moses finished the work on the exodus tabernacle, and set it up on the 1st day of the 1st month, the presence of God came upon the exodus tabernacle.
Exodus 40:34-38 (King James Version)
34. Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.
35. And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.
36. And when the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the children of Israel went onward in all their journeys:
37. But if the cloud were not taken up, then they journeyed not till the day that it was taken up.
38. For the cloud of the LORD was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.
The exodus tabernacle was portable, because the Israelites were wandering in the desert for 40 years. So they had to take it down when God said move, and re-erect it when God said stop.
Numbers 1:50-51 (King James Version)
50. But thou shalt appoint the Levites over the tabernacle of testimony, and over all the vessels thereof, and over all things that belong to it: they shall bear the tabernacle, and all the vessels thereof; and they shall minister unto it, and shall encamp round about the tabernacle.
51. And when the tabernacle setteth forward, the Levites shall take it down: and when the tabernacle is to be pitched, the Levites shall set it up: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death.
If you appreciate this page please like it, thanks.
Click here to read about the daily sanctuary services of the exodus tabernacle, a shadow of the heavenly.
Christ is the high priest of the heavenly tabernacle.
Click here if you have a question, comment, or suggestion.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Use this search box to find it.
Matthew 5:43-45 (KJV)
43. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45. That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.