Moses Tabernacle was patterned after the heavenly sanctuary.
Hebrews 8:5 (King James Version)
5. Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
When John was on the Isle of Patmos (Rev. 1:9) he saw the heavenly sanctuary in vision.
Revelation 15:5 (King James Version)
5. And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:
John also saw Jesus in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks in the heavenly sanctuary -
Revelation 1:12-13 (King James Version)
12. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
13. And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
Angels were seen in the heavenly sanctuary at the Golden Altar with the golden censer offering prayers for the saints (christians) -
Revelation 8:2-4 (King James Version)
2. And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
3. And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
The Ark of the covenant or testament of the Most Holy place was also seen in the Heavenly sanctuary -
Revelation 11:19 (King James Version)
19. And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament:
Jesus is The veil of the heavenly sanctuary.
Hebrews 10:19-20 (King James Version)
19. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20. By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Jesus is the High Priest of the Heavenly Sanctuary.
The Heavenly Sanctuary also needed to be cleansed like Moses Tabernacle on the The Day of Atonement.
Hebrews 9:22-24 (King James Version)
22. And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
23. It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
24. For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
However Christ only had to die once to cleanse the heavenly sanctuary and sanctify us, to make us perfect, as if we never sinned.
Hebrews 9:12 (King James Version)
12. Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Hebrews 9:25-26, 28 (King James Version)
25. Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
26. For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
28. So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
Hebrews 10:1-4, 10-14 (King James Version)
1. For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
2. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
3. But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
4. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
10. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11. And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12. But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
13. From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
14. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
Why does the heavenly sanctuary need to be cleansed from sin?
Revelation 20:12 (King James Version)
12. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Daniel 7:10 (King James Version)
10. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
The book of Daniel prophecies of the cleansing of the Heavenly Sanctuary. The Earthly Tabernacle was cleansed yearly.
Daniel 8:14 (King James Version)
14. And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.
This prophecy calculates when the heavenly sanctuary was to be cleansed...
For the heavenly sanctuary, Jesus Christ is the lamb slain, the blood shed for the remission of sins, the bread, the light, our High Priest and Intercessor.
When Christ leaves the Heavenly Tabernacle He takes off his priestly garments and will puts on Kingly robes.
If you appreciate this page please like it, thanks.
Click here if you have a question, comment, or suggestion.
Home | Earthly Tabernacle | Our Heavenly High Priest
Matthew 7:7-8 (KJV)
7. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and
ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Click on the links to read about-
God's free gift...
Ask In My Name
In order to provide free information on this website affiliate links and Ads are included on the pages.
If you click on one of these links and make a purchase we will receive a commission.
Note that Affiliate companies may use 30 day to 120 day cookies to track your activity on their sites.