The Moses tabernacle courtyard was enclosed with linen hangings on brass pillars, with silver hooks, and fillets (rods or bars) -
Exodus 27:9-15 (King James Version)
9. And thou shalt make the court of the tabernacle: for the south side southward there shall be hangings for the court of fine twined linen of an hundred cubits long for one side:
10. And the twenty pillars thereof and their twenty sockets shall be of brass; the hooks of the pillars and their fillets shall be of silver.
11. And likewise for the north side in length there shall be hangings of an hundred cubits long, and his twenty pillars and their twenty sockets of brass; the hooks of the pillars and their fillets of silver.
12. And for the breadth of the court on the west side shall be hangings of fifty cubits: their pillars ten, and their sockets ten.
13. And the breadth of the court on the east side eastward shall be fifty cubits.
14. The hangings of one side of the gate shall be fifteen cubits: their pillars three, and their sockets three.
15. And on the other side shall be hangings fifteen cubits: their pillars three, and their sockets three.
The tabernacle courtyard gate was made of linen in blue, purple and scarlet -
Exodus 27:16 (King James Version)
16. And for the gate of the court shall be an hanging of twenty cubits, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen, wrought with needlework: and their pillars shall be four, and their sockets four.
In the courtyard was the brazen altar of sacrifice (altar of burnt offering), and the brazen laver.
Exodus 40:6-8 (King James Version)
6. And thou shalt set the altar of the burnt offering before the door of the tabernacle of the tent of the congregation.
7. And thou shalt set the laver between the tent of the congregation and the altar, and shalt put water therein.
8. And thou shalt set up the court round about, and hang up the hanging at the court gate.
The services of the altar of sacrifice are symbolic of and point to Christ's sacrifice on the cross and the washing at the brazen laver of baptism.
Daily sacrificial services for sins and offerings were carried out in the tabernacle courtyard.
Click here to go to the exodus tabernacle.
Click here if you have a question, comment, or suggestion.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Use this search box to find it.
Luke 18:1-8 (KJV)
1. And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
2. Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
3. And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
4. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
5. Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
6. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
7. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
8. I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?