The Brazen Laver
In the Exodus Tabernacle Courtyard
The Brazen Laver was placed in the Tabernacle Courtyard
between the Altar of Burnt Offerings and the entrance to
the Holy Place -
Exodus 30:18 (King James Version)
18. Thou shalt also make a laver of brass, and his foot also of brass, to wash withal: and thou shalt put it between the tabernacle of the congregation and the altar, and thou shalt put water therein.
The Brass was taken from looking glasses -
Exodus 38:8 (King James Version)
8. And he made the laver of brass, and the foot of it of brass, of the lookingglasses of the women assembling, which assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
The Priests had to wash in the brazen laver before entering
the Most Holy Place -
Exodus 30:19-21 (King James Version)
19. For Aaron and his sons shall wash their hands and their feet thereat:
20. When they go into the tabernacle of the congregation, they shall wash with water, that they die not; or when they come near to the altar to minister, to burn offering made by fire unto the LORD:
21. So they shall wash their hands and their feet, that they die not: and it shall be a statute for ever to them, even to him and to his seed throughout their generations.
Click here to read about the Tabernacle.
Click here to read about the Tabernacle Courtyard.
Click here to read about the Daily Sanctuary Services.
Click here if you have a question, comment, or suggestion.
Famous Bible Verses - Exodus
Didn't find what you were looking for? Use this search box to find it.