These famous bible verses about faith the patriarchs had are provided as encouragement for us; to motivate us so that we also can have faith, and trust God.
Bible verses about faith concerning Abel, Enoch and Noah-
Hebrews 11:4, 5 & 7 (King James Version)
4. By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
5. By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
7. By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
Bible verses about faith concerning Abraham and Sarah -
Hebrews 11:8-11 (King James Version)
8. By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
9. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10. For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
11. Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
Bible verses about faith concerning Abraham and Isaac, Jacob and Esau, and Joseph -
Hebrews 11:17-22 (King James Version)
17. By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
18. Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
19. Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
20. By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
21. By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.
22. By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.
Bible verses about faith concerning
Hebrews 11:23-29 (King James Version)
23. By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.
24. By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
25. Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
26. Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
27. By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
28. Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
29. By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.
Bible verses about faith concerning Jericho and Rahab -
Hebrews 11:30-31 (King James Version)
30. By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.
31. By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
Bible verses about faith concerning Gideon, Samson, and David -
Hebrews 11:8-11 (King James Version)
32. And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
33. Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.
34. Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.