The greatest love story is summarized in this inspirational bible verse -
John 3:16 (KJV)
16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Because of sin God required that an animal be sacrificed as a temporary penalty for sin.
Romans 6:23 (KJV) states - "The wages of sin is death."
And without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin -
Hebrews 9:22 (KJV) - " And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."
Inspirational bible verse John 3:16 lets us know that Jesus loved each one of us so much that he was willing to have a spear shoved into his side so he could bleed for us.
In the Old testament (OT) every time they sinned they had to confess their sins over the sacrifice, and kill it. And it had to be a perfect looking animal.
Numbers 19:2-9 (King James Version)
2. This is the ordinance of the law which the LORD hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke:
3. And ye shall give her unto Eleazar the priest, that he may bring her forth without the camp, and one shall slay her before his face:
4. And Eleazar the priest shall take of her blood with his finger, and sprinkle of her blood directly before the tabernacle of the congregation seven times:
5. And one shall burn the heifer in his sight; her skin, and her flesh, and her blood, with her dung, shall he burn:
6. And the priest shall take cedar wood, and hyssop, and scarlet, and cast it into the midst of the burning of the heifer.
7. Then the priest shall wash his clothes, and he shall bathe his flesh in water, and afterward he shall come into the camp, and the priest shall be unclean until the even.
8. And he that burneth her shall wash his clothes in water, and bathe his flesh in water, and shall be unclean until the even.
9. And a man that is clean shall gather up the ashes of the heifer, and lay them up without the camp in a clean place, and it shall be kept for the congregation of the children of Israel for a water of separation: it is a purification for sin.
Aren't you glad Jesus was willing to be your sacrifice?
Worthy is the Lamb -
Inspirational bible verse
Isaiah 53:5 (King James Version)
"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."
This bible verse was a prophecy written in the old testament hundreds of years before Christ's birth.
Before Adam and Eve sinned, even before creation, there was a plan in place for Christ to die and shed his blood for us, and pay the penalty for our sins.
Inspirational bible verses
1 Peter 1:19-20 (King James Version)
19. But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20. Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you."
Jesus came to be the last and best
sacrifice for sin.
Inspirational bible verses
Hebrews 9:12-14 (King James Version)
12. Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
13. For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14. How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Don't you agree that John 3:16 is a great inspirational bible verse, and sums up
the greatest love story?
If you appreciate this page please like it, thanks.
1 John 5:13-15 (KJV)
13. These things have I written unto you
that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have
eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
14. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
15. And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.