These great bible verses are also bible verses about love, they command us to love God and others.
Matthew 22:36-40 (King James Version)
36. Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38. This is the first and great commandment.
39. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets
These bible verses are summarized in Luke 10:27 (King James Version)
27. And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
James 2:8 (King James Version)
8. If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
Jesus (talking in Matthew), the Lawyer (answering Jesus in Luke), and James are referring to these great bible verses found in the old testament.
Deuteronomy 6:5 (King James Version)
5. And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
Leviticus 19:18 (King James Version)
18. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
These great bible verses indicate that when we love the Lord thy God we are keeping the 1st four of the
ten commandments, and when we love our neighbors we are keeping the last six of the ten commandments.
Galatians 5:14 (King James Version)
14. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Romans 13:8-10 (King James Version)
8. Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
That is why the great bible verses found in Matthew 22: 36 - 40 finishes with, "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets".
If you appreciate this page please like it, thanks.
Click here to read great bible verses about God's love for us.
Click here if you have a question, comment, or suggestion.
Bible Verses By Topic | Favorite Bible Verses | Love Bible Verses
Sign up to receive
Daily Bible Verses
In order to provide free information on this website affiliate links and Ads are included on the pages.
If you click on one of these links and make a purchase we will receive a commission.
Note that Affiliate companies may use 30 day to 120 day cookies to track your activity on their sites.