Love Bible Verses: Bible verses on love indicate that because God loves us we should love others -
John 15:12 (King James Version)
12. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
1 John 4:11 (King James Version)
11. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
Love Bible Verses
Bible verses on love let us know that if we love each other God is in us.
1 John 4:7,12, 16 (King James Version)
7. Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
12. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
16. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
Boldness and perfection are what these bible verse on love say we can have -
1 John 4:17-18 (King James Version)
17. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
The following bible verses on love let us know we can't love God while hating others.
1 John 4:20-21 (King James Version)
20. If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21. And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.
Love Bible Verses
These Bible verses on love say we are not to hate our enemies -
Matthew 5:43-46 (King James Version)
43. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45. That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Luke 6:27-28 (King James Version)
27. But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28. Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
Yes, these Bible verses on love your enemies make it seem easy, it is easy to hate, but we can love our enemies. We can do it with God's help, so pray, pray, pray...... God is more than willing to help us.
If you appreciate this page please like it, thanks.
"Battered To Blessed"
The personal story of how a Pastor's daughter ends up in an abusive marriage and how God brings here through.
Experience the Power
And High Water"
Stories from survivors of hurricane Katrina