In this story Jesus cast out the unclean spirit, which were actually a legion, who knew Jesus was the Son of the most high God. They said to Jesus, "My name is Legion."
The following verses were used for Daily Bible Verses 346 -
Mark 5:1-9 King James Version (KJV)
1. And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
2. And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
3. Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
4. Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.
5. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
6. But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
7. And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.
8. For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
9. And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
Like Jesus, Paul and Silas, servants of the most High God, also had to cast out an unclean spirit, or spirit of divination.
The following verses were used for Daily Bible Verses 347 -
Acts 16:16-18 King James Version (KJV)
16. And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
17. The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
18. And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
While we may not have to cast out unclean spirits, there are many other things we can do as servants of the most high God, and in the power of the Holy Spirit.