The Bible Sabbath
The Bible Sabbath, the seventh day Sabbath, is God's worship day given in the 4th Commandment of the 10 commandments God wrote with His own finger.
Exodus 20:8-10 (KJV)
8. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10. But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
God blessed and sanctified the seventh day, Saturday the Sabbath, to memorialize that He is the Creator.
Genesis 2:2-3 (KJV)
2. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
Exodus 20:11 (KJV)
11. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
The Seventh Day Sabbath
What Day Is The Sabbath Day?
The seventh day of the week Saturday is the Sabbath.
We know the Sabbath is Saturday because it is the day after Jesus was crucified and buried, and before He arose on Sunday the 1st day of the week.
Mark 16:1-4 (KJV)
1. And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.
2. And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
3. And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre?
4. And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great.
God Promises a Blessing For Keeping the Seventh Day Sabbath Holy
Isaiah 58:13-14 (KJV)
13. If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
14. Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
In the earth made new we will worship the Lord on the seventh Day Sabbath.
Isaiah 66:22-23 (KJV)
22. For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Click the following links to read about -
Harden Not Your Heart - Enter Into His (God's) Rest
The Ten Commandments
Click here if you have a question, comment, or suggestion...
Bible Verses By Topic