You hear some preachers promoting prayers for prosperity or prayer for money on TV, and I hear several saying give to them and the Lord will bless. While what they say about giving and receiving may not be wrong, but be careful that they are not just using you to get rich.
Prayers for prosperity should address our needs -
Psalm 86:1 (King James Version)
1. Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy.
Psalm 113:7 (King James Version)
7. He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill;
Philippians 4:19 (King James Version)
19. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Before having prayers for prosperity we need to first seek to know God -
Luke 12:30-31 (King James Version)
30. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
31. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
John 15:7 (King James Version)
7. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
1 John 3:22 (King James Version)
22. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
Prayers for prosperity should be made in Jesus name -
John 14:13-14 (King James Version)
13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
John 16:23-24 (King James Version)
23. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
24. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Prayers for prosperity should be made according to God's will. The Bible lets us know what God's will is in His promises. So when we pray we should claim His promises.
1 John 5:14-15 (King James Version)
14. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
15. And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
For prayers for prosperity to be answered we may need to give to receive -
Matthew 5:42 (King James Version)
42. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
Luke 6:38 (King James Version)
38. Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Malachi 3:8-10 (King James Version)
8. Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
In our prayers for prosperity or prayer for money we need to ask God for what we need or want, even though God already knows our needs and desires. And we must ask for the right reasons.
Matthew 6:8 (King James Version)
8. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Matthew 7:7-8 (King James Version)
7. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Matthew 18:19 (King James Version)
19. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 21:22 (King James Version)
22. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
James 4:2-3 (King James Version)
2. Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
3. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
Prayers for prosperity must be made in faith, and we must forgive others -
Mark 11:22-26 (King James Version)
22. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
23. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
25. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
26. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.