Bible Miracle Prayer Stories
When we hear miracle prayer stories they encourage us. Many times in life we need God to answer our prayers. And sometimes we wonder does God hear, does he answer, and if he delays we get discouraged. However the bible says we must ask, seek and knock, and we must persist in asking.
The bible has many miracle prayer stories for our encouragement. Listed here are a few of them -
Elijah was a prophet of God who lived during the days of Ahab and his wife Jezebel. Following are some of Elijah's miracle prayer stories.
One day the widow of Zarephath's son became sick and died. When Elijah found out he had a miracle prayer that was a witness to the widow that he knew God -
1 Kings 17:17-24 (King James Version)
17. And it came to pass after these things, that the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, fell sick; and his sickness was so sore, that there was no breath left in him.
18. And she said unto Elijah, What have I to do with thee, O thou man of God? art thou come unto me to call my sin to remembrance, and to slay my son?
19. And he said unto her, Give me thy son. And he took him out of her bosom, and carried him up into a loft, where he abode, and laid him upon his own bed.
20. And he cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, hast thou also brought evil upon the widow with whom I sojourn, by slaying her son?
21. And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, I pray thee, let this child's soul come into him again.
22. And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived.
23. And Elijah took the child, and brought him down out of the chamber into the house, and delivered him unto his mother: and Elijah said, See, thy son liveth.
24. And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth.
During Elijah's stand off with the prophet's of baal he had a miracle prayer that let the people know that God was the only true God. First Elijah had 12 barrels (4 barrels x 3 times) poured over the burnt sacrifice and wood he had built before he prayed.
1 Kings 18:36-39 (King James Version)
36. And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.
37. Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
38. Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
39. And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.
After Elijah had prophesied it would be a drought for a few years, he then told Ahab that it would rain again. This miracle prayer story is an example of the need to persist in pray when seeking God's help. This is Elijah's miracle prayer on mount Carmel.
1 Kings 18:41-46 (King James Version)
41. And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of abundance of rain.
42. So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees,
43. And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. And he said, Go again seven times.
44. And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand. And he said, Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare thy chariot, and get thee down that the rain stop thee not.
45. And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain. And Ahab rode, and went to Jezreel.
46. And the hand of the LORD was on Elijah; and he girded up his loins, and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.
Following are two of King Hezekiah's miracle prayer stories.
King Hezekiah had a miracle prayer when Sennacherib the king of Assyria sent his army to surround Jerusalem, with a message that the Lord would not be able to save the Jews.
2 Kings 19:14-20, 32-35 (King James Version)
14. And Hezekiah received the letter of the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up into the house of the LORD, and spread it before the LORD.
15. And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth.
16. LORD, bow down thine ear, and hear: open, LORD, thine eyes, and see: and hear the words of Sennacherib, which hath sent him to reproach the living God.
17. Of a truth, LORD, the kings of Assyria have destroyed the nations and their lands,
18. And have cast their gods into the fire: for they were no gods, but the work of men's hands, wood and stone: therefore they have destroyed them.
19. Now therefore, O LORD our God, I beseech thee, save thou us out of his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou art the LORD God, even thou only.
20. Then Isaiah the son of Amoz sent to Hezekiah, saying, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, That which thou hast prayed to me against Sennacherib king of Assyria I have heard.
32. Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning the king of Assyria, He shall not come into this city, nor shoot an arrow there, nor come before it with shield, nor cast a bank against it.
33. By the way that he came, by the same shall he return, and shall not come into this city, saith the LORD.
34. For I will defend this city, to save it, for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.
35. And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.
Following is the miracle prayer story of King Hezekiah's healing -
2 Kings 20:1-11 (King James Version)
1. In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.
2. Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, saying,
3. I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.
4. And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying,
5. Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD.
6. And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.
7. And Isaiah said, Take a lump of figs. And they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered.
8. And Hezekiah said unto Isaiah, What shall be the sign that the LORD will heal me, and that I shall go up into the house of the LORD the third day?
9. And Isaiah said, This sign shalt thou have of the LORD, that the LORD will do the thing that he hath spoken: shall the shadow go forward ten degrees, or go back ten degrees?
10. And Hezekiah answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees: nay, but let the shadow return backward ten degrees.
11. And Isaiah the prophet cried unto the LORD: and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz.
Click here to read more bible verses about healing.
I hope you found these miracle prayer stories encouraging.
Click here to read my miracle prayer story.
Click here to share your miracle prayer story
Click here if you have a question, comment, or suggestion?
What is Prayer |
The Lord's Prayer