Daily Bible Verses 361 -
Peniel Means Face To Face With God
Genesis 32:24-30 King James Version (KJV)
24. And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25. And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26. And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
27. And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
29. And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
30. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
Daily Bible Verses 361
Have you wrestled with God lately...all night in prayer?
Jacob persevered or prevailed with God. We too must persevere in prayer to God until our change comes. We must also not let go until we get the blessing we are in need of .
Steps to Christ - has only 90 pages, but it has some powerful chapters, especially on 'The Privilege of Prayer'.
These are 2 incredible books on Prayer experienced by Roger Morneau -
Please feel free to contact me if you have a question, comment or suggestion.
Daily Bible Verses 361 - click here for more daily inspirational sources -
Study to show yourself approved... rightly dividing the word of God.
Acts 5:29-32 (KJV)
29. Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
30. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
31. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32. And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
by Dennis Smith
To prepare us
Watch and Pray