Daily Bible Verses 354 -
Saul And The commandments of God
1 Samuel 15:10-11, 13 King James Version (KJV)
10. Then came the word of the LORD unto Samuel, saying,
11. It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night.
13. And Samuel came to Saul: and Saul said unto him, Blessed be thou of the LORD: I have performed the commandment of the LORD.
My thoughts on the Daily Bible Verses 354 - 1 Samuel 15:10-11, 13
God said Saul disobeyed Him, and Saul said he did what God asked. Are we at times as mistaken as Saul about our obedience to God's will?
God told King Saul that when he fought the Amalekites to also kill everything that the Amalekites owned, but the best of sheep and oxen were saved. Saul's excuse was that they were spared to make sacrifices to God. In Saul's thinking he did what he thought was good.
While his reasoning may sound good, it was not what God told him to do. Saul disobeyed God.
Have you done the opposite of what God wanted, under the pretense of doing a good deed? As with Saul God is not please when we don't follow His instructions and do His will; no matter our good intentions.
Additional Verses that explain Daily Bible Verses 354
Samuel's response to Saul -
"To Obey Is Better Than Sacrifice"
1 Samuel 15:16, 18-22 King James Version (KJV)
16. Then Samuel said unto Saul, Stay, and I will tell thee what the LORD hath said to me this night. And he said unto him, Say on.
18. And the LORD sent thee on a journey, and said, Go and utterly destroy the sinners the Amalekites, and fight against them until they be consumed.
19. Wherefore then didst thou not obey the voice of the LORD, but didst fly upon the spoil, and didst evil in the sight of the LORD?
20. And Saul said unto Samuel, Yea, I have obeyed the voice of the LORD, and have gone the way which the LORD sent me, and have brought Agag the king of Amalek, and have utterly destroyed the Amalekites.
21. But the people took of the spoil, sheep and oxen, the chief of the things which should have been utterly destroyed, to sacrifice unto the LORD thy God in Gilgal.
22. And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
Remember God wants our obedience, not our supposed good works, or our excuses.
Please feel free to contact me if you have a question, comment or suggestion.
Daily Bible Verses 354
Daily Bible Verses 354 - click here for more daily inspirational sources -
Study to show yourself approved... rightly dividing the word of God.
Click here to go to the Daily Bible Verses main page.
"Battered To Blessed"
The personal story of how a Pastor's daughter ends up in an abusive marriage and how God brings here through.
Experience the Power
And High Water"
Stories from survivors of hurricane Katrina