Daily bible verses 16
Luke 5:31-32 (King James Version)
31. And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.
32. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
The world is sick with sin. Jesus is calling us to repent.
Daily Bible Verses 16
Repentance means to feel regret and sorrow for wrong doings and turn away from sin; to change our ways.
2 Corinthians 7:9-10 (King James Version)
9. Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
10. For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
Daily Bible Verses 16
This repentance is to be preached to the world. The Holy Spirit convicts us that we are doing wrong, via our conscience.
Luke 24:47 (King James Version)
47. And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
John 16:7-8 (King James Version)
7. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
When a sinner repents there is joy in heaven.
Luke 15:7 (King James Version)
7. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
Praise God who through Jesus Christ grants to the Jew and the Gentile repentance and forgiveness of sins.
Acts 5:30-32 (King James Version)
30. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
31. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32. And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
Acts 11:17-18 (King James Version)
17. Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
18. When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.
Praise God for His gift to Us.
"Battered To Blessed"
The personal story of how a Pastor's daughter ends up in an abusive marriage and how God brings here through.
Experience the Power
And High Water"
Stories from survivors of hurricane Katrina