Bible Verses On Patience
Bible verses on patience indicate it is one of God's characteristics.
God is longsuffering and slow to anger.
Exodus 34:6 (King James Version) (God talking to Moses when he gave him the 10 commandments).
6. And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
Nehemiah 9:17 (King James Version) (the Levites professing God's goodness to the Israelites)
17. .........................but thou art a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and forsookest them not.
Joel 2:13 (King James Version)
13. And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
This bible verse on patience tell us that God is patient or longsuffering with us because he wants us to be saved.
2 Peter 3:9 (King James Version)
9. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Bible verses on patience or longsuffering state that it is a characteristic we must also have. It is an ingredient of the fruit of the spirit -
Galatians 5:22-23 (King James Version)
22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23. Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Ephesians 4:1-3 (King James Version)(the apostle Paul is talking)
1. I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
2. With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3. Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
1 Timothy 6:11 (King James Version)
11. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
2 Peter 1:5-7 (King James Version)
5. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6. And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7. And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
These bible verses on patience state God will help us to be patient with each other.
Romans 15:5 (King James Version)
5. Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Colossians 1:11 (King James Version)
11. Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
James 1:3-4 (King James Version)
3. Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
According to these bible verses on patience it is required to receive God's promises.
Hebrews 6:12 (King James Version)
12. That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
Hebrews 10:36 (King James Version)
36. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
James 5:7-8 (King James Version)
7. Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
8. Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.
These bible verses on patience or longsuffering point out that we must exercise patience when witnessing or ministering to others.
2 Timothy 4:2 (King James Version)
2. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
2 Corinthians 6:3-4 (King James Version)
3. Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:
4. But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
Hebrews 12:1 (King James Version)
1. Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
According to these bible verses on patience or longsuffering we have to go through trials to develop patience.
(King James Version)
3. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4. And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
James 5:10-11 (King James Version)
10. Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.
11. Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.
1 Thessalonians 1:3 (King James Version)
3. Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
I hope you enjoyed reading these bible verses on patience.
Click here if you have a question, comment, or suggestion?
Bible verses by Topic |
Bible Verses On Patience - Revelation
Didn't find what you were looking for? Then use this search box to find it.