The first bible verses on patience found in the book of Revelation state how the disciple John had patience while imprisoned on the Isle of Patmos.
Revelation 1:9 (King James Version)
9. I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Daily Bible Verses 322 - Revelation 2:2-3,19
Jesus states that he knows us in these bible verses on patience.
Revelation 2:2-3 (King James Version)
2. I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
3. And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
Revelation 2:19 (King James Version)
19. I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
It says Jesus will help us when tempted in these verses on patience.
Revelation 3:10 (King James Version)
10. Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
John wants us to know
in these bible verses on patience that saints also keep the commandments of God, and have faith to wait on Jesus' 2nd coming when he will come back for the righteous dead and living. (Revelation 14:13 - 16)
Revelation 13:9-10 (King James Version)
9. If any man have an ear, let him hear.
10. He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
Revelation 14:12 (King James Version)
12. Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
If you appreciate this page please like it, thanks.