The Bible says God first allowed eating meat or flesh after the flood. All the vegetation was gone, destroyed by the flood. However God said the blood in the meat couldn't be eaten, the blood had to drain out of the meat.
Genesis 9:3-4 (KJV)
3. Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
4. But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
Leviticus 7:26 (KJV)
26. Moreover ye shall eat no manner of blood, whether it be of fowl or of beast...
Deuteronomy 12:16, 23-24 (KJV)
16. Only ye shall not eat the blood; ye shall pour it upon the earth as water.
23. Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.
24. Thou shalt not eat it; thou shalt pour it upon the earth as water.
(Note: Disease is carried in the blood)
Instructions “not to eat the blood” when eating meat or flesh was not just for the Jews. Noah and his family were not Jews or Israelites. Plus in regards to the Jews the command also included the stranger among them.
Leviticus 17:10-14 (KJV)
10. And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.
11. For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
12. Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.
13. And whatsoever man there be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, which hunteth and catcheth any beast or fowl that may be eaten; he shall even pour out the blood thereof, and cover it with dust.
14. For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof:
Bible verses about eating meat or flesh in Leviticus 11 state that only clean meats could be eaten. Clean meats included -
Any animal with a split hoof completely divided that chews the cud.
Leviticus 11:3 (KJV) - Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.
We can eat fish with fins and scales.
Leviticus 11:9 (KJV) -These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
We can eat insects such as locust, cricket or grasshopper, with jointed legs for hopping on the ground.
Leviticus 11:21-22 (KJV)
21.Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
22. Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
Deuteronomy 14: 3 -20 repeats what Leviticus chapter 11 has to say about eating meat.
Deuteronomy 14:11 & 20 says we can eat the clean birds.
The Bible doesn't say what the clean birds are, but it states what the unclean birds are.
Leviticus 11:13-20 (KJV)
13. And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
14. And the vulture, and the kite after his kind;
15. Every raven after his kind;
16. And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,
17. And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,
18. And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle,
19. And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.
20. All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
instructed Noah to take animals into the ark He knew they would be eating meat later. Therefore the clean animals were taken in by sevens, male and female pairs, and the unclean by twos, male and female.
Genesis 7:2-3, 8-9 (KJV)
2. Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
3. Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
8. Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,
9. There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.
So after the flood all those clean animals multiplied and became food for mankind.
Man's original diet was fruits, grains, and nuts. People lived longer on God's original diet plan.
If you appreciate this page please like it, thanks.
Sign up to receive
Daily Bible Verses
In order to provide free information on this website affiliate links and Ads are included on the pages.
If you click on one of these links and make a purchase we will receive a commission.
Note that Affiliate companies may use 30 day to 120 day cookies to track your activity on their sites.