Moses Brother was named Aaron. Aaron was 3 years older than Moses.
Exodus 6:20 (King James Version)
20. And Amram took him Jochebed his father's sister to wife; and she bare him Aaron and Moses: and the years of the life of Amram were an hundred and thirty and seven years.
Exodus 7:7 (King James Version)
7. And Moses was fourscore years old, and Aaron fourscore and three years old, when they spake unto Pharaoh.
Aaron, the brother of Moses, married Elisheba and had 4 sons with her.
Exodus 6:23 (King James Version)
23. And Aaron took him Elisheba, daughter of Amminadab, sister of Naashon, to wife; and she bare him Nadab, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
Moses brother is first mentioned in the bible when God spoke to Moses at the burning bush. . God told Moses to go and speak to Pharoah, and Moses responded that he could not speak well.
Exodus 4:10, 14, 27 (King James Version)
10. And Moses said unto the LORD, O my LORD, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.
14. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart.
27. And the LORD said to Aaron, Go into the wilderness to meet Moses. And he went, and met him in the mount of God, and kissed him.
God then allowed Moses brother to be the spokes person.
Exodus 4:15-16, 28 (King James Version)
15. And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do.
16. And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.
28. And Moses told Aaron all the words of the LORD who had sent him, and all the signs which he had commanded him.
So Moses brother spoke the words that God said even the 10 plagues
Exodus 4:29-30 (King James Version)
29. And Moses and Aaron went and gathered together all the elders of the children of Israel:
30. And Aaron spake all the words which the LORD had spoken unto Moses, and did the signs in the sight of the people.
Exodus 5:1 (King James Version)
1. And afterward Moses and Aaron went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith
the LORD God of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast
unto me in the wilderness.
the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.
Even after they left Egypt and crossed the Red sea , Moses brother still spoke for him.
Exodus 16:2, 6, 9-10 (King James Version)
2. And the whole congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness:
6. And Moses and Aaron said unto all the children of Israel, At even, then ye shall know that the LORD hath brought you out from the land of Egypt:
9. And Moses spake unto Aaron, Say unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, Come near before the LORD: for he hath heard your murmurings.
10. And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of the LORD appeared in the cloud.
Aaron, the brother of Moses, collected the Manna that was placed in the Ark of the Covenant in the Holy of Holies, along with his rod that budded.
Exodus 16:33-34 (King James Version)
33. And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a pot, and put an omer full of manna therein, and lay it up before the LORD, to be kept for your generations.
34. As the LORD commanded Moses, so Aaron laid it up before the Testimony, to be kept.
Numbers 17:10 (King James Version)
10. And the LORD said unto Moses, Bring Aaron's rod again before the testimony, to be kept for a token against the rebels; and thou shalt quite take away their murmurings from me, that they die not.
Hebrews 9:3-4 (King James Version)
3. And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;
4. Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
"The Great Controversy" is both a historical and prophetic book. The historical portion starts with the destruction of Jerusalem as described by Jesus in Luke 19:42-44, the Waldenses, John Wycliffe, Martin Luther and other reformers.
The prophetic portion deals with the prophecies in Daniel and Revelation, and Christ's promised second coming.
Moses BrotherMoses brother serve in the exodus tabernacle
. Aaron and his sons were called by God to be high priests.
Exodus 28:1-4 (King James Version)
1. And take thou unto thee Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him, from among the children of Israel, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office, even Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, Aaron's sons.
2. And thou shalt make holy garments for Aaron thy brother for glory and for beauty.
3. And thou shalt speak unto all that are wise hearted, whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom, that they may make Aaron's garments to consecrate him, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.
4. And these are the garments which they shall make; a breastplate, and an ephod, and a robe, and a broidered coat, a mitre, and a girdle: and they shall make holy garments for Aaron thy brother, and his sons, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.
Hebrews 5:1, 4 (King James Version)
1. For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:
4. And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.
Moses brother was the one who made the golden calf while Moses was up on Mt Sinai communing with God.
Exodus 31:18-32:6 (King James Version)
18. And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.
1. And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
2. And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.
3. And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.
5. And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the LORD.
6. And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.
Moses brother quickly put the blame on the people even though he as the High Priest did what they asked, instead of standing firm and leading correctly.
Exodus 32:21-24 (King James Version)
21. And Moses said unto Aaron, What did this people unto thee, that thou hast brought so great a sin upon them?
22. And Aaron said, Let not the anger of my lord wax hot: thou knowest the people, that they are set on mischief.
23. For they said unto me, Make us gods, which shall go before us: for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
24. And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me: then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf.
However, when Moses asked the people who was on God's side, Aaron as a member of the tribe of Levi stood on the Lord's side.
Exodus 32:26 (King James Version)
26. Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.
Moses brother died on Mount Hor in the fortieth year after the Israelites left Egypt.
Numbers 20:27-29 (King James Version)
27. And Moses did as the LORD commanded: and they went up into mount Hor in the sight of all the congregation.
28. And Moses stripped Aaron of his garments, and put them upon Eleazar his son; and Aaron died there in the top of the mount: and Moses and Eleazar came down from the mount.
29. And when all the congregation saw that Aaron was dead, they mourned for Aaron thirty days, even all the house of Israel.
Numbers 33:38 (King James Version)
38. And Aaron the priest went up into mount Hor at the commandment of the LORD, and died there, in the fortieth year after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the first day of the fifth month.
Both Moses and Aaron did not go into the promise land after 40 years of wondering in the wilderness, because they did not follow God's instructions.
Numbers 20:24 (King James Version)
24. Aaron shall be gathered unto his people: for he shall not enter into the land which I have given unto the children of Israel, because ye rebelled against my word at the water of Meribah.
Moses brother died when he was 123 years old.
Numbers 33:39 (King James Version)
39. And Aaron was an hundred and twenty and three years old when he died in mount Hor.
If you appreciate this page please like it, thanks.
Click here if you have a question, comment, or suggestion.
Click here and sign up to receive daily bible verses.
Home | Moses Burning Bush | Bible Verses By Topic
Available From Read Your Bible
Listen To The Word
Search And Study
Read Your Bible
Black Genuine Leather
Bound in Buttery-Soft Genuine Leather With Large Print
Thompson-Chain Reference Bible-KJV
A Great Study Bible
Detailed Reference System
Build your Faith
Listen to the Word of God
Romans 10:17 (KJV)
"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
Franklin BIB-475 Electronic Bible
A Great Electronic Bible
Approx. Screen Size 4" x 2"
Small Enough to Put in Your Pocket
The Original GoBible
Compact Portable Bible
Kindle Audiobook Technology
Direct Verse Jump
In order to provide free information on this website affiliate links and Ads are included on the pages.
If you click on one of these links and make a purchase we will receive a commission.
Note that Affiliate companies may use 30 day to 120 day cookies to track your activity on their sites.