Matthew 7:14 (KJV)
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
This verse really woke me up! I've begun reading and absorbing the Word Of God so much more for the first time, and started reading the Bible beginning with Genesis.
I definitely want to go on the narrow path and through the narrow gate.
Two other verses woke me up...Psalms 141:3 and Psalms 18:21 because my tongue has gotten me into a lot of trouble. Now, the Holy Spirit convicts me before I even open my mouth.
Psalm 141:3 (KJV)
3. Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.
Psalm 18:21 (KJV)
21. For I have kept the ways of the Lord, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
Also James 3:5-10...it's about the tongue-
5. Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
6. And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
7. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
8. But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
10. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.