Daily bible verses 54
Isaiah 5:11-12 King James Version (KJV)
11. Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them!
12. And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, and wine, are in their feasts: but they regard not the work of the LORD, neither consider the operation of his hands.
Christians should not drink fermented wine, or strong drinks.
Daily Bible Verses 54
Fermented liquids or strong drinks cause us to lose our inhibitions and do and say things we would not normally do and say.
Wine when it is red, when it moves -
Proverbs 23:29-35 King James Version (KJV)
29. Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?
30. They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine.
31. Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.
32. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.
33. Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.
34. Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.
35. They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.
Be wise, be not deceived
Proverbs 20:1 King James Version (KJV)
1. Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
Click here if you have a question, comment or suggestion.
Click here to go to Daily Bible Verses.
These books by
In order to provide free information on this website affiliate links and Ads are included on the pages.
If you click on one of these links and make a purchase we will receive a commission.
Note that Affiliate companies may use 30 day to 120 day cookies to track your activity on their sites.