Daily bible verses 40
John 8:31-32 King James Version (KJV)
31. Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32. And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
The Jews needed to know the truth about Jesus, and so do we, about how He sets us free.
Daily Bible Verses 40
The Truth Shall Set You Free Meaning
Before Jesus died on the cross the Jews had to kill animals as substitutes for the penalty of sin, eternal death. Jesus freed us from the penalty of sin. He is the Lamb slain for the sins of the world.
Romans 6:14, 18, 22-23 King James Version (KJV)
14. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
18. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
22. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Although Jesus freed us from the penalty of sin, eternal death, it does not mean we are free to continue to sin.
Romans 6:1-2, 15-16 King James Version (KJV)
1. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2. God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
15. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Baptism represents death to sin (plunged or buried under the water) and resurrection in righteousness (coming up out of the water).
Romans 6:3-5 King James Version (KJV)
3. Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4. Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
If you enjoyed reading Daily Bible Verses 40 click here to read more on God’s gift to us and freedom from the penalty of sin.
Click here to read more about baptism.
Click here if you have a question, comment or suggestion.
Click here to go to Daily Bible Verses.
The Great Controversy
This book describes the
conflict between Jesus and
It is both a historical
and prophetic book.
You can get the Kindle version,
hardback or paperback.
In order to provide free information on this website affiliate links and Ads are included on the pages.
If you click on one of these links and make a purchase we will receive a commission.
Note that Affiliate companies may use 30 day to 120 day cookies to track your activity on their sites.