Daily Bible Verses 200
Without The Camp
Hebrews 13:8-16 King James Version (KJV)
8. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
9. Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
10. We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.
11. For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.
12. Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
13. Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
14. For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.
15. By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
16. But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
Without The Camp
Commentary and references for Hebrews 13:8-16
Verse 8 - According to Jesus himself, He lived before Abraham, and before the foundation of the world.
John 8:58 King James Version (KJV)
58. Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Verse 9 - Jesus warns us not to be deceived by divers and strange doctrines. We must study the bible for ourselves.
Ephesians 4:14 King James Version (KJV)
14. That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Verses 10-11 - The flesh of the sin offering was burned outside the camp, the priest did not eat it.
Exodus 29:11-14 King James Version (KJV)
11. And thou shalt kill the bullock before the LORD, by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
12. And thou shalt take of the blood of the bullock, and put it upon the horns of the altar with thy finger, and pour all the blood beside the bottom of the altar.
13. And thou shalt take all the fat that covereth the inwards, and the caul that is above the liver, and the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, and burn them upon the altar.
14. But the flesh of the bullock, and his skin, and his dung, shalt thou burn with fire without the camp: it is a sin offering.
Verse 12 -Jesus, our sin offering, was also crucified outside the gate of the city Jerusalem.
John 19:17 King James Version (KJV)
17.And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:
Verses 13-14 - We should be willing to suffer for Jesus
1 Peter 4:16 King James Version (KJV)
16. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
Verses 15-16 - Give thanks, and offer to God the sacrifice of praise.
Jeremiah 33:11 King James Version (KJV)
11. The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD.
Click here to visit my facebook page KJV Bible Verses.
Daily Bible Verses 200 - click here for more daily inspirational sources - Study to show yourself approved... rightly dividing the word of God.
Click here if you have a question, comment or suggestion.
Click here to go to the Daily Bible Verses main page.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Use this box to search the world wide web..
Sign up to receive
Daily Bible Verses
In order to provide free information on this website affiliate links and Ads are included on the pages.
If you click on one of these links and make a purchase we will receive a commission.
Note that Affiliate companies may use 30 day to 120 day cookies to track your activity on their sites.