Listed here are bible questions that visitors to this site have asked me, and I have answered using bible verses from the King James version.
Bible questions - #1
Where to find verses about women's good works in the bible?
Here are some verses you can look at -
The midwives Exodus 1:15-21
Moses sister, mother, and Pharaoh's daughter - Exodus 2: 1-10, 15:20-21
Deborah - Judges 4:4 -5:31, which includes Jael (Judges 4:17-22, 5:22)
Ruth and Naomi - book of Ruth
Esther - book of Esther
A virtuous woman - Proverbs 31:10 - 29
Rahab - Joshua 2:1-22, 6:16-18, 22 - 25, Hebrews 11:31, James 2:25
Bible questions - #2
Is it okay for a married pastor to divorce his wife?
I will point you to what Jesus said about marriage and divorce to the pharisees.
Matthew 19:3-9 (King James Version)
3. The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4. And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5. And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6. Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
7. They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8. He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
9. And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Bible questions - #3
What is meant by your bed is undefiled?
The meaning of the "bed undefiled" is the bed or marriage is to be pure, as in Exodus 20:14 and 1 Corinthians 6:9, do not commit adultery.
The husband and wife are to be one.
If one or both are having an affair there is a division between them, and they are not cleaving one to another.
Genesis 2:24 - King James Version)
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Click here to read bible verses about marriage...
Bible questions - #4
How often should a church present communion?
Following is what the bible has to say about communion.
Luke 22:19 (King James Version)
19. And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1 Corinthians 11:24-25 (King James Version)
24. And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
Luke states that Jesus said do it in remembrance of me, he does not say how often. In Corinthians it states as often as it is done(or whenever we do it) do it in remembrance of me.
So basically the emphasis is on being sure to do it in remembrance of Jesus, than on how often to do it. That seems to be left to our discretion.
Bible questions - #5
What does the bible say about women preaching and holding office over a man?
This is a very controversial question.
Some would say it is the role the women has and not that she is preaching. I believe that everyone has been given the role to further God's cause, which would include preaching. Even children have been called to preach. However, God has called the man to be the head. When we look at the old testament we see that all the priests were male.
Many use 1 Timothy 3:1-13 to say women should not have the title of a pastor, elder or deacon. However, God will and has used women, when men have refused to or are not willing to serve. Read the story of Deborah and Barak in Judges 4. Even I have held offices over men, when a man was not willing to lead.
Personally I believe we all need to be in tune to God's will. The women preaching and holding office over a man should be following God's will, and those following should be praying and seeking God's will. Any women God has called to a position will not have to fight to have that position, who God has called He will enable and fight for them.
Bible questions - #6
What means of transportation did Mary have when she traveled to Bethlehem where Jesus was born?
The bible is actually silent on how Mary traveled to Bethlehem.
St. Luke chapter 2 is the only Gospel that speaks about Mary and Joseph traveling from Nazareth to Bethlehem. Verses 4 and 5 simply state that Joseph and Mary went up from Nazareth to Bethlehem, but not how.
It is assumed that Mary rode on a donkey, since it was likely the means of transportation in those days.
Bible Questions Page 1 2 3
Click here to read the Christmas bible verses....
Click here if you have bible questions you wish answered.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Use this search box to find it.
Sign up to receive
Daily Bible Verses
In order to provide free information on this website affiliate links and Ads are included on the pages.
If you click on one of these links and make a purchase we will receive a commission.
Note that Affiliate companies may use 30 day to 120 day cookies to track your activity on their sites.