Bible Questions Page 3
Bible Question #10
I want a brief summary of the Tabernacle in Exodus 25: 10-22; 37:1-9.
What are the significance(s) of: chest, coffer, wood gold oblong-shaped chest, crown of gold, 4 rings of gold, 2 staves, the mercy seat, tables of stone, the golden pot of manna, etc.
The coffer was something like a jewelry box or chest that the Philistines stored the jewels in that they sent back with the ark.
1 Samuel 6:8, 11, 15 King James Version (KJV)
8. And take the ark of the LORD, and lay it upon the cart; and put the jewels of gold, which ye return him for a trespass offering, in a coffer by the side thereof; and send it away, that it may go.
11. And they laid the ark of the LORD upon the cart, and the coffer with the mice of gold and the images of their emerods.
15. And the Levites took down the ark of the LORD, and the coffer that was with it, wherein the jewels of gold were, and put them on the great stone: and the men of Bethshemesh offered burnt offerings and sacrificed sacrifices the same day unto the LORD.
I don't see oblong -shaped in the KJV or NIV, so I don't know what you are referring to.
The Ark of the Covenant was a chest overlaid with gold. Inside the chest Moses placed the 2 tables of stone that God wrote the 10 commandments on, Aaron's rod that budded, and a pot of manna.
Aaron's rod was placed in the Ark as a reminder that God had chosen only Aaron and his male offspring to serve as High Priests in the Sanctuary. The golden pot of manna was a reminder that God had miraculously fed the Israelites for 40 years as they wondered in the wilderness. Click here to read more about Aaron.
The mercy seat was placed above the chest overlaid with gold. This is where God communicated with the High Priests and executed judgment. The law (the ten commandments in the chest under the mercy seat) said that the sinner should die, but the plan of salvation said that the son of God would come and die for our sins. Jesus would be the ultimate substitute, but before Christ came to the earth they had to kill animals as substitutes for their sins. God excepted the animal sacrifices and Jesus' sacrifice for sins and mercy or grace was given to the sinner.
Only the priests were to carry the Ark of the Covenant. The staves or poles where each inserted into 2 rings on each side of the Ark, so that the priests could carry the Ark without touching it. 4 priests would each carry one end of a stave or pole, most likely on their shoulder.
Bible Question #11
What was the first piece of furniture to be placed in the tabernacle in exodus?
The answer to this question is found in Exodus 40:2-3 & 20-21. It is the Ark of the testimony or the Ark of the covenant. Exodus 40 details God telling Moses how to set up the Tabernacle, and then Moses carrying out God's commands.
Exodus 40:2-3, 19-21 King James Version (KJV)
2. On the first day of the first month shalt thou set up the tabernacle of the tent of the congregation.
3. And thou shalt put therein the ark of the testimony, and cover the ark with the vail.
19. And he spread abroad the tent over the tabernacle, and put the covering of the tent above upon it; as the LORD commanded Moses.
20. And he took and put the testimony into the ark, and set the staves on the ark, and put the mercy seat above upon the ark:
21. And he brought the ark into the tabernacle, and set up the vail of the covering, and covered the ark of the testimony; as the LORD commanded Moses.
Bible Question #12
Do you believe that the 144 thousand is a literal number?
Revelation 14:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Answer - I believe the 144,000 is symbolic, because if it is literal they will all be male virgins.
Revelation 14:4 King James Version (KJV)
4. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins...
Bible Question #13
Did king Solomon have 700 wifes and 300 cuncubines?
Yes. It can be found in the following verses -
1 Kings 11:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
1. But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites:
2. Of the nations concerning which the Lord said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.
3. And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.
Bible Questions Page 1, 2, 3
If you appreciate this page please like it, thanks.
Click here if you have a Bible question...
Sign up to receive
Daily Bible Verses
In order to provide free information on this website affiliate links and Ads are included on the pages.
If you click on one of these links and make a purchase we will receive a commission.
Note that Affiliate companies may use 30 day to 120 day cookies to track your activity on their sites.